Membrane receptor biochemist (Research Scientist Grade):
Theranyx is an established French biotech company with world-class technologyfor the discovery of functional antibody fragments targeting GPCRs and ion channels. The company works in collaboration with major global pharmaceutical companies on antibody discovery programmes, and is also developing its own pipeline of novel therapeutic antibodies.
The company is based in Marseille, and has been in operation for over six years. As a result of increased activity in building our own product pipeline we now seek to recruit a highly motivated scientist to join the membrane receptor purification team.
Applicants should have a relevant background preferably with experience of protein purification systems (although training will be given). For the right candidate, the role provides an opportunity to work alongside senior scientists on scientifically challenging issues at the cutting edge of antibody research. As part of a rapidly growing company, the membrane receptor biochemist will also be expected to contribute to the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and best practice.
We are seeking candidates with the following profile:
A higher degree in the life sciences (for example, biochemistry, molecular biology, structural biology) with:
- experience in membrane protein purification.
- knowledge of recombinant protein expression systems, including at least two of the following: yeast, baculovirus, mammalian
- experience in he functional characterisation of membrane receptors such as GPCRs and ion channels and/or radio ligand binding.
- experience in lipid vesicule reconstitution of purified membrane receptors.
The preferred candidate will be
- highly motivated and enthusiastic to learn new skills and techniques to contribute to the ongoing discovery research
- proactive and responsive to the challenges of the role,
- a good team player able to workwithin the broader medicinal chemistry department;
- an excellent communication and interaction skills and demonstrated capability to operate in a proactive, collaborative and entrepreneurial biotech culture.
- being able to clearly communicate both verbally and in written reports in English.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to your interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees.
Please send your application in pdf format, to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31st May 2016.